SSCS Family Service Agreement
Each SSCS family of a K4 through 8th-grade student is required to fulfill 15 service hours per school year through service opportunities made available by the school. Service hours may be completed from June 1 through May 30 of each school year.
How it Works
- Parents, grandparents, or guardians volunteer for service opportunities made available by the school. Or, if you have a talent you feel can be of use to the school, let us know.
- Volunteers log their service hours each time they serve. It is the responsibility of the family to record their hours. SSCS relies on the honor system.
- Family members who serve on the School Board, as a PTA officer, or as an event committee member (such as Under the Oaks Run or the Spring Dinner and Auction) will have fulfilled their family’s 15 hours of service.
- Service outside school hours for school activities (i.e. overnight field trips) count towards the 15 hours.
- Service hours cannot be transferred to another family.
- If 15 hours are not fulfilled by the end of the school year, the family will be billed the remaining hours in May at the rate of $10 per hour.
- Hours cannot be carried over from year to year.
Family Service Fee
We understand that not all families can meet the 15 service hours. In lieu of service, a family can opt to pay a Family Service Fee of $150. Each family must declare their intention to provide service or pay the fee at the time of enrollment or re-enrollment.