- Learning to be responsible for studying and doing weeknight homework
- Taking tests on a regular basis
- Writing a paragraph
- Answering questions in complete sentences
- Preparing and presenting an oral report/project in front of the class
- Learning songs and chants as well as creating models and projects that relate to a specific area of study
- Mastering single digit addition and subtraction facts
- Learning special sounds in phonics and applying rules of spelling in written work
- Recognizing and understanding parts of speech
- Forming letters correctly in penmanship
- Reading with more fluency and expression
- Begin first year of science
- Master addition and subtraction facts quickly
- Two, three, four digit subtraction and addition with re-grouping
- Multiplication and introduction to division
- Intermediate level chapter books
- Cursive writing
- Writing answers to questions in complete sentences
- Writing a full paragraph with complete sentences and quality adverbs and adjectives
- Writing a three paragraph paper
- Increased spelling and vocabulary memorization
- Mastery of multiplication and division facts quickly
- Learn to independently manage their time and become responsible learners
- Begin first-year Latin
- Multiply and divide large numbers and fractions
- Mastery of math facts
- Year two of Latin
- Practice accountability for organization and study habits
- Acclimating to academic expectations in order to become active learners
- Mastery of state capitals and states
- Mastery of reading comprehension independently
- Develop enhanced writing techniques
- Third year of Latin
- Classic poem memorization
Middle School Model
- Each class has a homeroom teacher.
- Students keep their textbooks and supplies in a locker.
- Students rotate between various teachers who specialize in specific subjects.
- Students choose between elective options.
- Students may participate on our athletic teams: Fall - Cross Country Running, Fall – Volleyball, and Winter - Basketball
- Students may participate in other extracurricular activities, including student council, yearbook, and drama.
- Teachers engage students with middle school-friendly instructional techniques.
- The curriculum provides thorough instruction in the language arts and in mathematics.
- Students begin study of the Spanish language.
- Students complete an annual science fair project.
- Students can qualify to compete annually in the ACSI Math Olympics.
- Students participate in middle school retreats and trips.